Songs of Sargam
Rishi Kapoor and Jaya Prada starrer musical romantic film, Sargam, is directed by K Vishwanath. The other starcast of the film includes Shashikala, Aruna Irani, Shakti Kapoor. The movie was released in the year 1979. Music Director duo, Laxmikant Pyarelal, has given the melodious superhit music of the film. The list of the singers includes the names of Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar etc. The movie was the debut movie of actress Jayaprada in bollywood industry. The movie went on to become a big hit of that year.
The hit songs of the film are:
Hema ( Jaya Prada ) is a beautiful but dumb girl, who is living a tuff life with her rude stepmother ( Shashikala ). Hema is just a free of cost slave for her. Despite being a dumb, Hema is a very good dancer and always tries to learn more whenever possible. Raju ( Rishi Kapoor ), is a ‘dafliwala’, who is used to earn his living with the help of is dafli. hema also hear his dafli rythm and becomes fond of it. Raju and Hema becomes friend. When Raju came to know about Hema’s desire of dancing, he encourage her to dance on his dafli beats.
Soon they falls in love with each other but didn’t have the courage to express it. But this is not digestable to Hema’s stepmother. She plans to marry Hema to a good for nothing guy, who is already married. But before this could happen, both Raju and Hema runs away from the village. hema then finally expresses her love to Raju but to her shock, Raju simply declines her offer. Why Raju rejected her love? Will they ever be able to live happily?
- Mausam ki sargam ko sun from Khamoshi: The Musical
- Dafli Waale Dafli Baja from Sargam
- O Babul Pyare Roye Paayal Ki from Johny Mera Naam
- Tere Naina Has Diye from Chandi Chowk To China
- Parbat Ke Is Paar from Sargam
- Aa aa aa mere dilruba from Aatish
- Jogi Aaya Re Jogi Aaya Re from Black and White
- Dil Mein Jaage Armaan Aise from Dev D
- Tu Kahe Agar Jeevan Bhar from Andaz
- Mitwa Re Mere Sajna Re from Hello
- Tumko Dulhan Banayenge Hum from Mere Jeevan Saathi
- Ab Jhoom Jhoom So Ja from Chal Chalein
- Zindagi Mil Ke Bitayenge from Satte Pe Satta
- Songs of Deewangee
- Nanhe nanhe taaron jaise naina from Drona