Songs of Lucky Ali
Lucky Ali is a bollywood singer, composer and actor who was born on 19th September, 1958. He was born as Maqsood Mehmood Ali and is the second of the eight children of the popular bollywood comedian Mehmood. His mother Madhuri was the sister of an actress named Meena Kumari who was very popular in the 1960s. He did his schooling and college from the Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, Hampton Court in Mussoorie, St. Georges College in Mussoorie, Rajkumar College, Raipur and St. Bishop Cottons Boys School, Bangalore. He first married to Masooma and have two children named Tasmia and Ta’awwuz. His second wife is Inaya (maiden name Anaida) and has a daughter named Sara.
Hit songs of Lucky Ali are listed below:
1. Jaane Kya Dhoondta Hai - Sur
2. Na Tum Jano Na Hum - Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
3. Kehte Kehte - Chupke Se
4. Ek Pal Ka Jeena - Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
5. Sote Sote - Love At Times Square
6. Maut - Kaante
7. Jaana Hai Jaana Hai - Kasak
8. Jo Haal Dil Ka - Sarfarosh
9. Aisa Lagta Hai - Refugee
10. Jo Bura Hai - Pyaar Ke Side Effects
Lucky Ali first sang for the movie Dushman Duniya Ka which was made by his father and his youngest brother Manzoor starred in the movie. He sang the song “Nasha Nasha” in the movie. However the song and the film both went unnoticed. His first composition was a three-chord lament called ‘Nobody Loves Me’. Lucky made his debut on the Indian pop scene with the soulful album ‘Sunoh‘. The album established him as a pop singer. This album won many of the top awards in Indian music including the Best Pop Male Vocalist at the Screen Awards in 1996. Lucky Ali is known for his distinctive music style and also for his husky voice. His next two albums were ‘Aks‘ and ‘Kabhi Aisa Lagta Hai’ which were successful again.
He again sang in the movie ‘Kaho Na Pyaar Hai’ in 2000 which was directed by Rakesh Roshan. This was the debut movie for Hritik Roshan and he lend his voice to him. His notable songs in the movie were “Na tum jaano na hum” and “Ek pal ka jeena” which became huge hits. He also won the Filmfare Best Male Playback singer Award for “Na tum jaano na hum”. He also gave his voice in the recent movie Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008 where he sang the song “Ahista Ahista“. The song was melodious and became a successful one. He also sang in Yuva (2004), Chupke Se (2003) and Bhopal Express (1999). Apart from singing, he has also tried his luck in acting. He acted in the movie ‘Sur-The Melody of Life’ and ‘Kaante’ in 2002. He also sang the songs of Sur himself. The movie Kaante became a huge hit.
- Lucky Boy My Lucky Boy from Bachna Aye Haseeno
- Songs of Dushman Duniya Ka
- Songs of Kaante
- Hooriyaan Hooriyaan Hey Heeriyaan from Oye Lucky Lucky Oye
- Songs of Kasak
- Dil ki dhadkan hai from Kaante
- Songs of Abhay Deol
- Songs of Good Luck
- Beqaraar Beqaraar from Paathshaala
- Nazar Mein Hai Koi Chehra from Goodluck
- Oye Lucky Lucky Oye songs.
- Kyun Chalti Hai Pawan from Kaho Na Pyar Hai
- Songs of Dhan Daulat
- Socha nahin tha from Kaante
- Shahid’s Aziz’z Lucky Mascot after SRK