Hit songs of Dor
Ayesha Takia and Shreyas Talpade starrer social drama “Dor” was produced under the banners of Percept Picture Company, SIC Productions and Sahara One Motion Pictures. The movie is directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and was released on September 22, 2006. Other cast of the movie includes Gul Panag, Girish Karnad, Prateeksha Lonkar, Rushad Rana, Uttara Bavkar, Veena Sajnani, Nagesh Kukunoor, Vipin Bhati, Abhay Bhargava, Vishal Malhotra, Anirudh Jatkar and Shivani Joshi. The music of the movie is directed by the duo of Salim Merchant and Sulaiman Merchant. The melodious songs of the movie are sung by Shafqat Amanat Ali, Salim Merchant, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal, Karsan Sargathia, Rakesh Chaurasiya, Pratichee and Trilok Gurtu.
The songs of the bollywood movie Dor are listed below:
1. Har Ik Lab Par Hai, Har Ik Lab Par Hai, Teri Humdo Sanaa
2. Jalti Dhup Me Halki Hawa Chal Gayi, Mila Bhrosha Yaar Ka..
3. Kesariya Balam Aavoni, Padharoni Mare Des Re, Padharoni Mare Des
4. Ho Mare Aangna Me Man Mara Nache Re Ke Piya Ghar Aaya Re
5. Yeh Hosla Kaise Juke, Yeh Aarzoo Kaise Ruke
After Iqbal, Nagesh Kukunoor comes with another realistic movie Dor, which portrays the real life characters on the screen. Like Iqbal and Pinjar the story of the movie Dor is also based on the real life incidents and the sensitive emotional issues elated to the society. The movie is totally different from other movies not just script wise but also characterization of not so big stars. The story of the movie is based on the life of two women from different cultural backgrounds and different society. Lives of both Zeenat ( Gul Panag ) and Meera ( Ayesha Takia ) are completely different. Meera is a domesticated housewife in a rajput family in Rajasthan while on the other hand Zeenat is completely strong and independent lady who supports her in laws.
One incident connects these ladies living in different parts of India, Husbands of both women have gone to Saudi Arabia. But in a tragic incident Meera’s husband was killed and his roommate Shankar ( Zeenat’s Husband ) was held responsible, he was sentence a death penalty. According to the Saudi law book only Meera can save him. When Zeenat got this news she starts up a journey from Himanchal Praedesh in search of Meera who lived in Rajasthan. In her journey she met a humorous character Behroopia ( Shreyas Talpade ), as his name suggests he is a master of disguise, he use his skills to con people, he helped Zeenat find Meera. When finally they met, it gave a dramatic turn to the story. The movie hereon depicts how the two women exchanged their cultures and ethos. Overall the movie is very sensitive and emotional to watch but the movie attracted only a small chunk of selected crowd.
- Jeevan Dor Tumhi Sang Baandhi from Sati Savitri
- Chhod De Patang Meri Chhod De from Nagin
- Ye Shaam Mastaani Madhosh Kiye Jaaye from Kati Patang
- Chali Chali Re Patang Meri Chali Re from Bhabhi
- Tujhe Jeevan Ki Dor Se Bandh Liya Hai from Asli Naqli
- Ye Hausla Kaise Jhuke from Dor
- Vaada Karo Jaanam Na Chhodoge Ye Daaman from Sabse Bada Rupaiya
- Main Teri Dhun Mein Kho Gaya from Shoot Out At Lokhandwala
- Meri Ashaaon Ki Bhor Tu from Right Yaaa Wrong
- Ye Duniya Patang Nit Badle Ye Rang from Patang
- Rishta tera rishta mera from Rishtey
- Bichhua Jawaani Ka Dank Maare from Chingaari
- Teri Or Teri Or from Singh Is Kinng
- Mere chehre ki do nishaaniyaan from Jhoota Hi Sahi
- Do Mastaane Do Deewaane from Main Sunder Hoon